The Traffic division of the Clerk’s Office handles all moving and non-moving traffic citations and local boating/fishing/other infractions issued to persons in Hendry County. We collect fines, fees and service costs associated with those citations/infractions, provide a website for approved driving schools, and set court dates for those who wish to contest their citation/ infraction violation.

If you are charged with a criminal violation (D.U.I., driving with a suspended license, driving without a valid driver’s license etc.), you must call the County Criminal Traffic (Misdemeanor) division at 863-675-5209 within 10 days of the citation.

If you are charged with a civil infraction (careless driving, speeding etc.) you must elect one of the following three options within 30 days of the citation.

  1. Pay the fine and/or set up a payment plan.
  2. Elect to attend a driving school and pay a fine to avoid having points assessed. Here is the link for statewide approved basic driver improvement (BDI) course providers –
  3. Elect to contest the citation/infraction in court.

School Election Affidavit

Frequently Asked Questions

How much will my citation/infraction cost?
The cost of your citation/infraction is set by the State or County, not the Clerk’s Office and the cost depends on what violation you were charged with and whether or not you pay it within the allotted 30 days after the date of the citation. If you pay the citation/infraction after the 30 days late fees will be assessed in addition to the original cost.

How do I make payment for my citation/infraction?
You can pay your citation/infraction in a number of ways:

  1. You can pay in person at the Clerk’s Office, 25 East Hickpochee Avenue, Labelle, Florida or at our Clewiston Sub-Office, 1100 South Olympia Street, Suite 502, Clewiston, Florida. 
  2. You can pay by phone by calling the Clerk’s Office at 863-675-5209 or by calling the MyFloridaCounty Traffic IVR at 1-855-984-1187.
  3. You can pay by mail by sending a cashier’s check or money order to the Clerk’s Office, PO Box 1760, LaBelle, Florida 33975 Attn: Traffic Division. Make the check payable to Hendry Clerk of Court. You must also include a copy of your citation/infraction. DO NOT MAIL CASH.
  4. You can pay with a credit/debit card online within 30 days of receiving your citation/infraction by going to This site will charge an additional 3.5% processing fee on all credit/debit transactions.

How do I set up a payment plan for my citation/infraction?
To set up a payment plan you must contact our Traffic division within 30 days of the date of the citation by calling 863-675-5209.

How do I file for an extension to pay?
You can request a 30 day extension to pay your citation/infraction. If you request an extension, you waive your right to contest the citation/infraction in court. You may obtain this 30 day extension to pay by coming in person to the Clerk’s Office or by calling us. There is an additional $25.00 fee for the extension.

How do I elect to attend a basic driver improvement course and how do I find a list of approved basic driver improvement (BDI) courses?
There are several steps in this process:

  1. Contact the Clerk’s Office at 863-675-5209 to determine if you are eligible for this election. You are NOT eligible for this election IF:
    1. You have selected this option in the last 12 months.
    2. You have selected this option 5 times in your lifetime.
    3. You hold a CDL license.
  2. You will have to sign an affidavit electing to attend a driving school and pay the Clerk’s Office the associated costs for this option within 30 days of the date of the citation.
  3. Contact and register with a State of Florida approved driving school and complete the course within 90 days from the date of the citation. The school will advise you of their associated costs for taking the approved driving program. An approved list of course providers can be found at .
  4. You must provide the Clerk’s Office with a copy of the Certificate of Completion that will be issued to you by the school. Some course providers will send us your Certification of Completion on your behalf but YOU must ensure we receive it within 90 days of the date of the citation. Failure to provide the Certificate within 90 days will result in your license being suspended and late fees will be assessed.
  5. A list of frequently asked questions and the related answers related to Driving School can be found here…<link to Drivers School FAQ’s>.

How do I contest my citation/infraction in court?
You may contest your citation/infraction by appearing in court before a judge. To do so, you must call the Traffic division to set your court date. Once set, the Clerk’s Office cannot reschedule your court date.

What happens if I don’t pay or complete the BDI course?
Penalties for failure to pay for your citation/infraction and/or to complete the BDI course on time will result in your driver’s license being suspended and points will be assessed on your driving record. Before your driver’s license can be reinstated, you must pay the citation in full at the Clerk’s Office and taking the BDI course is no longer an option.

How do I obtain a copy of my driving record and points?
You may purchase a copy of our driving record at the Clerk’s Office or any Florida Driver’s License Office. There is a cost for a copy of your driving record.

If you have any questions please call our office at 863-675-5209.

Website by MuniCreative